Shut up oil is used to stop someone from gossiping or speaking ill. It can be done for defense or prevention, sometimes to protect a person from themselves if they have a tendency to run off at the mouth and tempt Eshu or other Orishas/deities.
You can use it to anoint a cow’s tongue or a severed duck’s head for those specific spells, or you can anoint candles with it and burn them to carry that energy to the talker of trash.
You will need:
- 100ml jar of bottle
- 21 black peppercorns
- 3 teaspoons cloves
- 1 heaping teaspoons Szchechuan peppers (prickly ash)
- 3 abrus seeds
- a pinch of black mustard seeds
- half a teaspoon seeds or dried leaves of an eggplant (aubergine)
- a dollop/tablespoon of black strap molasses
- a small piece of onyx
- a small piece of jet
- enough of a nut based oil to fill the bottle
- Give an offering to your Gate Keeper.
- Give an offering to Harpocrates as well if he is a part of your pantheon, or Olokun, Horus, or whoever is your deity of mystic silence, silent meditation, secrets, etc.
- At your altar, light some incense for your relevant deities, and consecrate your ingredients as you add them mindfully to the bottle.
- Once all are added, wrap the bottle in a black cloth, and keep it in a silent, secret place for 3 months. If you live in a noisy house, bury it for 3 months. You need the Saturanean energy for this.
- At the end of the 3 months, shake it very well, but silently, and anoint with the oil and burn 3 black offering candles to your deities.
You can also dip a black cloth in this oil, and wrap it around the mouth of a doll or other representative of the person you wish to shut up.
This spell is intended to prevent gossip and betrayal. It may not work well for negative purposes, so don’t use it to silence the truth…because the truth will come out one way or another, if not through the mouth, somewhere worse. 😉