Even though initiation is required for Ifa priesthood, everyone who does any sort of divination owes this ability to Orunmila. So we should all be giving him offerings and respect, especially if we are using any system that relies on numbers and corresponding verses, be they from the Odu Ifa or any other religious text.
You may find this incense helpful if you are using the opele/awpele, coins, dice, dominos, numbered or marked tiles, or shells.
You will need:
- 3 coffee beans
- 1/8 cup benzoin
- 1/8 cup powdered camwood, red or white sandalwood, or your local/ancestral tree representing divine vision (bonus if it is powdered by Nature by termites)
- 1 teaspoon yam or other sweet or neutral root vegetable powder or starch
- 1 teaspoon kola nut powder
Give offerings to Orunmila. Then, starting with the coffee beans, crush and powder the coffee beans and benzoin, and then mash in the other ingredients.
Burn when doing any Odu Ifa based or numerical divination. You can also use it as a blessing or supportive dust or powder for your divination tools, boxes, or bags.
Related articles across the web
- The Difference Between the Same Ingredients in Workings – YouTube - April 2, 2022
- Natural Antifungal Treatments With a Spiritual Boost - January 18, 2022
- Are All Witches Created Equal? – YouTube - January 15, 2022