Except in blood offerings, Eshu is always served first. One of the things he really loves is spiced coffee. So here’s a recipe for Eshu coffee that makes a great offering or addition to offerings. Children of Eshu often like this very much as well.
- 3 heaping teaspoons finely ground coffee
- 9 teaspoons of sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 clove or a pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 liter of hot water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or cream (optional)
- In a pot or saucepan, put in all of the ingredients (except the coconut milk if you decide to add it).
- Turn on the heat while greeting Eshu with the title for your needs or thanks.
- Roast for a very short time while tossing the ingredients a multiple of three times. If you used honey it will melt to a thinner liquid. If sugar, it will just start to melt.
- Continue stirring while slowly pouring in the water. Try to stir it a multiple of three times clockwise.
- Once all the water is in, stop stirring and then let it begin to froth. You may need to turn the heat down. You don't want the coffee to burn.
- When it is frothing, stir from the top to stop it. You may want to use an action like picking up some liquid and pouring it back in repeatedly.
- When it is calm, stop and let it froth again. Then stir from the top again.
- Do this one more time for a total of three.
- Turn off the heat, and remove the pot and let it settle.
- Pour the coffee into a cup, being careful to get as little of the solids as possible. Don't use a strainer, just be careful.
- At this point, you can add the coconut milk or cream if you like.
- This can be served as a sort of sacrifice offering left out in Nature, at your shrine, or to a child of Eshu. Ashe!
Related articles across the web
Order a bone reading from Sheloya to find out what the Spirits have to say about your future.
Latest posts by Sheloya (see all)
- 2 Ways to Make Sheloya’s Not-the-Original-But-Okay Xocolatl - March 31, 2019
- Phoenix Oil Recipe for Healing Heartbreak and PTSD - February 15, 2017
- Fast Money Oil Recipe - February 12, 2017