The B.S.A. stands for “broad spectrum antibacterial”. This is a simple homemade antibacterial ointment or balm that should kill most bacteria on the skin and prevent infection of minor wounds. It’s basically “home made neosporin” just that it doesn’t cause resistant bacteria to spawn.
It works well enough with just its mundane properties, but should work even better if you consecrate and bless it.
B.S.A. Balm – Homemade Antibacterial Ointment Recipe
You will need:
- a small ointment jar
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil, softened but not completely melted
- 1/2 teaspoon finely powdered frankincense or 5 drops frankincense oil
- a pinch of dragon’s blood powder OR 1 drop tea tree oil + a scant pinch of hot red pepper, cayenne, or chilli pepper
- 10 drops helichrysum essential oil
- 10 drops cinnamon essential oil
- a small wooden stick
- Give incense offerings to Eshu (Gatekeeper) and Osanyin (Herbs Master). Pass your jar through the smoke.
- Add the ingredients to the jar, and stir vigorously until well combined.
- Try to get as much as you can off of the stick, and then burn it on the fire or charcoal. This is to bless the exact batch that you’ve made.
- Pass the jar through the smoke, and then close it.
- Thank Eshu and Osanyin for their help and healing.
Use this on minor boo-boos to keep them from becoming infected. If you have something that is already a bit infected, this should cure it.
Mind you, none of this is meant to be a substitute for professional medical treatment. There are doctors out there who use herbal medicine, so after you’ve been examined, they should know what you plan to do for treatment. They might have some of this already, as it is an old standard recipe.
If you want it less stiff, use a softer anti inflammatory oil for this balm, such as shea butter. If you want it more stiff, take away a teaspoon of oil, and add a teaspoon of beeswax or jojoba wax.
Topical Treatment of Herpes
For topical treatment of herpes, the conventional creams do a very good job. Zovirax, in particular, is derived from a Caribbean sea sponge extract, and is pretty natural already. However, if you don’t have that option, or prefer not to contribute to further loss of sea sponges in the world, making a balm with bee propolis works very well.
You can buy propolis ointment at many health food stores, or make your own by mixing one part propolis powder, to two parts mildly warmed oil. Stir it very well before and then after it is cooled.
Because herpes breakouts can leave scars, it is a good idea to add a few drops of helichrysum essential oil, and frankincense essential oil. Just be aware that this can cause some photosensitivity, so wherever you put this, it should stay covered and protected from the sun.
Related articles across the web
- What’s New in June 2022? Members Only Content - June 26, 2022
- The Difference Between the Same Ingredients in Workings – YouTube - April 2, 2022
- Natural Antifungal Treatments With a Spiritual Boost - January 18, 2022