This is a more mystical version of Black Love incense. It still basically smells like, “two African Americans making love in a hot tub”, but it is made to inspire with a bit more push.
You will need:
- the insides of one vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon benzoin
- 1 teaspoon myrrh
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried coconut with no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon white sandalwood
- 5 drops attar of roses
- 5 drops neroli oil
- 2 drops saffron absolute or essential oil
- 5 drops blue lotus absolute
- 2 drops bergamot essential oil
Crush the resins, and then mash in the coconut and sandalwood. Then drip in the oils, and mash those in too. If it is too moist, add more sandalwood.
Consecrate as usual, and dedicate the dose after this to your romantic love deity.
Black Love Incense, the Old Skool Version
This is the wax incense version that we made back before expensive resins and essential oils were easy to get.
- 1 cup of beeswax
- 1/2 cup corn or potato starch
- 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut
- 1 heaping tablespoon rose powder or well chopped dried roses
- a small handful dried “bee balm” (monarda didyma) or finely chopped dried green orange or lime peels or a few drops of bergamot oil if you can find it
- a small handful of blue lotus petals, well chopped
Mash everything together with your fingers, and then melt in a pan in the oven. Break off pieces as you need it. It is advised to give the first doses to your Gatekeeper and Lust deities. Visit Witch University’s post on How to Make Wax Incense for more detailed instructions.