In east coast Obeah and southwest Brujeria and Kindoki, Go Away Evil spray is very popular. Almost nobody makes it from scratch anymore though, and I think that is a shame. It smells nice, and it is really hard to be negative with this scent around. Almost everybody who’s used it has seen how well it works, which is why it is so popular and widespread. I myself have seen people who were hard core criminals break down and do the right thing with this stuff hanging in the air.
It is simple to make, but the trick to it is that you have to have someone else bless it for you. So you can make this for yourself, but someone else has to do the ceremony to bless it. You can make this as a gift or to sell to others though.
Mind you, this is my family recipe. Traditions vary.
You will need:
- 3 black peppercorns
- about 3 sprigs each of rosemary, sage, rue, and thyme
- a bay leaf
- a handful of peach or mango leaves
- about 1/4 liter of Everclear of 90% or higher alcohol
- fresh lake or spring water, sterilized by boiling 20 minutes and then cooled
- On a Monday when the moon is waning, call Eshu, and smoke your bottle.
- Then put the peppercorns in the bottom of an empty bottle.
- As best as you can, tie the sprigs of herbs together using as many knots as you possibly can. If they are too dry, tie them together with a consecrated string or thread. Get as many knots in it as you can. Then stuff them into the bottle.
- Put in the bay leaf and mango or peach leaves.
- Pour enough alcohol into the bottle to cover everything, close it, and then put it in a cool, dry place for three weeks.
- When this is done, have a friend who is good at chasing away evil, bless the concentrate so that it will chase away evil.
Use about a quarter cup of this per half liter of water, and spray into the air of someplace you want to chase negative or “misplaced” energy away from.
As a variation, you can also add a few grains of paradise, some green coffee beans, or some myrrh essential oil.