Van Van is used to increase the likelihood of success in many areas of life. It is an overall good luck enhancer, and is used to anoint all sorts from rabbit’s foot charms to mojo bags.
The usual recipe (for a 100 ml. bottle) is:
- a small piece of pyrite (fool’s gold)
- a handful of lemongrass or 20 drops lemongrass oil
- 15 drops citronella oil
- 15 drops palmarosa oil
- 15 drops vetiver oil
- sweet almond oil to fill the bottle
but I prefer this one, for an around 250 ml. jar:
- a small piece of black onyx
- a small piece of carnelian agate
- 3 cowrie shells
- a guava leaf, crushed in the hand
- a handful of lemongrass
- a handful of dried “citronella” geranium
- a nub of ginger
- a heaping teaspoon of cilantro
- sunflower seed oil to fill
Let this brew for 3 months wrapped in a red or red and black cloth. The reason I choose the ingredients that I do is because I like to call the balanced benevolence of Eshu in things that have to do with luck. Using the bulk herbs and giving the time also gives it more energy.
If you’d like to know more about the history and other variations of Van Van oil, check out New World Witchery’s article.
- Foot Track Powder Against Rapists and Sex Offenders - May 7, 2021
- The Spirits in Gaming and Online Magic - May 1, 2021
- 2 Ways to Make Sheloya’s Not-the-Original-But-Okay Xocolatl - March 31, 2019